Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Trailer Park Tuesdays - Witching and Bitching



Happy Halloweek everybody!  Welcome to the scariest place in town!  THE TRAILER PARK!



This weeks movie trailer is for a weird Spanish movie and I'll go ahead and warn you that this one won't be for everybody.  It's a strong mix of laughs, action, and gore.  To me, it looks unrelentingly awesome, but I sometimes like this kind of stuff.  Your mileage may vary...


Witching and Bitching (2013), or as it is known in its native Spain, Las brujas de Zugarramurdi (translates as The Witches of Zugarramurdi), is a horror/comedy from director Álex de la Iglesia about a group of thieves who run afoul a coven of murderous witches in a remote village.  Much madness and terror ensues.  Also, some hilarity.  This one looks to be fun, action packed, full of energy, and soaked in blood.  Can't wait!

I really enjoyed de la Iglesia's The Last Circus (2010), which is an insane horror/comedy mixture featuring murderous clowns, with a perfect balance of tones, so I am looking forward to this one.

This is the first trailer for the film:

The use of Refused's 'New Noise' was another big selling point for me.  Also, the gold Jesus.

As a holiday bonus, here's a Vimeo LINK to a second trailer.  It's longer, subtitled, and gives a better sense of what the fuck is going on, plus it's got more action and gore.

As of right now, I do not believe Witching and Bitching has been picked up for US distribution, but I would imagine it will pop up sometime in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment